Saturday, June 2, 2012

DIY Manila Folder Luau Guest Book

     The quickest project I made, ever...a Luau Party Guest Book! And yes, it's still for the little lady who's having her Luau Party today. I made this project in a little less than 3 hours. This morning. The party? Today at 3pm. Whew! Well, sometimes my brain functions better when I'm pressed for time.

     I kept everything simple:
  • Manila Folder for the book cover (sized to about 8x9)
  • Copy paper for the pages (a dozen)
  • Word Starter for the texts and hibiscus clipart
  • Brads for attachment
  • 2 Cricut cuts
  • Some nice patterned papers



The title (hawaiian font) and inside pages (beach font).

Hibiscus Clipart just to dress up the pages a little.

I used various summer colors to "prettify" the cover title : )
(Is "prettify even a word?!?)
Title printed on white cardstock.

Tadaa! Umbrella and  Leaves from 'Life's a Beach".
Background paper from Recollections'  "Surf's Up" paper pad.
I inked the edges of the title and cover with Ranger's Shabby Shutters.

The inside pages. Super simple.

A simple clipart can dress up a page without over-crowding it.

The back cover. Paper's from the same collection.

A closer look. Simple and pretty!




     So there you have it...my quickie guest book. 'Hope you liked it!


Aloha from NJ,
HANNAH


No comments:

Post a Comment