Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Father's Day Cards Mania

     It's Cards Mania once again! I had to take a break from the summer or luau themes to make way for another important occasion in our lives...Father's Day! 
     I made 5 cards. I challenged myself to use different color combinations to see how they'd come out. So far so good : )

An overview of my latest projects

     The next photo shows one of the cards in which I used a left-over banner piece from Ysabella's birthday last April. I was actually looking through my paper stash when I saw this and I figured, I can dress it up and convert it to a card! I scored the top layer about 1.5in. from the top before glueing that part to the top of the banner base (kraft). I was able to create the "card fold" in that manner. The message or greeting can then be written on the banner base (see next photo). I wanted to put a flower to make the piece prettier but I didn't want it to look so girly so I chose vanilla and blue colors to do that. The "#1 Dad" comes from "Celebrate with Flourish" Cricut cartridge.

A banner card
      
     Here's how the banner card opens up. I hung it on a little door knob to show you another way to present it. This way the recipient can take it to work and proudly hang it somewhere in his office!

The message can be written on the banner base.
It can also be hung anywhere in the house to surprise Dad!

      
     Here's the rest of the cards...

Love, love, love the Cameos!

    
      I'll show individual photos of the cards on my next post. So hang in there!


Thanks for coming,
HANNAH

2 comments: