Monday, June 18, 2012

School's Out!

     School's out, yay!!! This means, at least for the next 2 months: no running around and rushing myself for afternoon pick-ups and no homework. 
     Ysabella doesn't want to go to camp this year, and we cannot force her to go if she is unwilling. We made a deal with her, though...she will register for 2 of these: Arts and Crafts, Music, or Sports (preferably Tennis). I told her that  if she doesn't do anything or engage in any activity during the summer, her brain will be rotten by the next schoolyear : ). I guess 2 or 3 days of summer classes per week will do. I also got her some activity books to complete just to keep up somehow. I hope it helps to make her transition to 2nd grade a little easier in September.


On Father's Day...headed for Sunday Mass.

This morning...on our way to her sitter.
 Her first Monday out of school!
See how happy she is?!?

This afternoon...at the Shoprite Parking Lot.
She helped me load our grocery bags into the car.


     I guess this is how she wants to spend her summer days... simple, no classrooms, no rules, no teachers, just hangin' out with Mom, or Dad, or at the sitter's house, or with the kids in the neighborhood (who wouldn't want that???) We'll let her be...for now. She deserves a break. She'd been a very good student, after all. And WE ARE PROUD OF HER.


     As for me...school's out, yaaaayyy!!!!!!!!!! Now I can breathe.


Happy Summer,
HANNAH


No comments:

Post a Comment