Sunday, June 24, 2012

"Never Lose The Advantage of Solitude"

     Whew!!! That, was a long title. Today's post title is actually a quote that I had encountered forever ago somewhere that I could not even remember. I cannot remember when, how, or where I got it...but I cannot forget the quote itself because I felt and still feel a connection to it. 


A solitary bird along the Hudson River in Bayonne, NJ
  
       Being alone does not necessarily mean "being lonely". I think we all need our own little space sometimes.

     We walked along this Hudson River Waterfront Walkway almost all the way to the end and back (with frequent stops to take snapshots here and there and to give Ysa time to admire the beauty around her including the tiny crabs she saw underneath the bridge).....


Hudson River Waterfront Walkway in Bayonne, NJ


 .....and the solitary bird was still there! Same spot. Just looking around as if seeing the world for the first time.


Not a care in the world.


     I wish we all have the courage to be alone once in a while...to just stay still and be quiet...to not worry about "what's next"...and to stop chasing time. 

     Let us never lose the advantage of solitude.


xoxo,
HANNAH

   
     

1 comment: