Friday, May 18, 2012

Jungle Boogie - a safari themed mini album

     Hi everyone! I want to share with you "Jungle Boogie", a mini album that I finished last night. It's an "express mini album", I finished it in 2 nights! A friend had requested it for her nephew's safari-themed 1st birthday. I kept it simple. It didn't require any captions or journaling, because the plan is just to put some random photos in it, and display it at the birthday boy's dessert table during his party. Plus, the pretty patterned papers made it so easy. I used "Safari Kids" and "Animal Crackers" by DCWV. Older collections but definitely not out-dated. Here are the Cricut cartridges I used: Create a Critter for the safari images, Life's a Party for the title, Alphalicious for the name "Babbu" (I welded it), and Base Camp for the letter tags that hang in the binder ring. This post is photo heavy....enjoy!

Jungle Boogie
A safari-themed mini album

Same view, only with a smiley ball that my daughter Ysabella
insisted on including in the photoshoot : )

EJ for Eron Josiah, for whom I had made this book.
Letter tags from Base Camp Cricut Cartridge.
The safari tags are from the designer paper, just cut
to size and matted on cardstock.

"Babbu" from Alphalicious, gypsy welded.
Palm Tree leaves out of Create a Critter Cricut Cartridge,
which is the source for most of the cuts.

Glossy accents on the palm tree leaves for "dew drops" effect.

Love this giraffe!

I didn't do anything with this page as it's already pretty.
Just added a photo mat.

Cute li'l monkey from Create a Critter.

A close up of the monkey cut. I made it look as though
he's hanging on a branch.

Didn't do much here...just stuck some safari images from
the paper line.....

.....like this one.

The alligator looks like he just came out
from behind the grass : )

He's really cute up close : )

I glued just the bottom part of the grass to
make it look more realistic.

Some more safari friends.....










This image is already part of the paper.



Palm Tree from Create a Critter

Last page, with another image I cut out of the paper, matted,
and pop-dotted on the corner of a photo mat.

The back cover.

And here's a close up of the tags...





Thanks for coming. Happy Weekend!
HANNAH



No comments:

Post a Comment