Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Centerpoint Feature on Cricut

     I love the CENTERPOINT feature on the Cricut Expression. It makes it so much easier for me to make printed labels or tags, such as these:

  

     I simply printed out my wordings on cardstock and cut 'em out with the Cricut (George cart.). I've always wanted to make oval labels and been tempted to purchase an oval punch (quick fix) and luckily, I've been successful at convincing myself otherwise. Oval punches (and other basic shapes like circles and squares) can be very limited in sizes and cannot fit as many words in them. They're good for random die-cuts but for labels and tags, they don't offer much flexibility. 
    
      Here's how I used the labels I made today:

As a gift tag 

I matted the tag with 2 more ovals to highlight it even more.

I used the 2 other small ones as part of the title
 of my latest mini album. 

Here's a close-up of the the label below the "Luau" title.

     Lastly, I used the biggest one for the back cover of my latest mini album (I will share the mini album with you in a separate post):

Album is 6x6. I cut the label at 5.5.
It fit perfectly.


     If I had to use oval punches to do the above, I would have needed to purchase about 4 different sizes. Plus, there's no 5.5in. punch available to create the label in that last photo above. Or at least I haven't seen one! : )


Thanks for coming,
HANNAH 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment