Thursday, April 19, 2012

Candy Buffet

      I am obsessed with Candy Buffets and Dessert Bars. In any theme. For any occasion. I just love them all! I'm not really sure when this craziness started...hmmm...perhaps when I was looking at different sites and gathering ideas for Ysabella's party. By the time I started planning Ysa's party, I swore to myself we had to have a candy buffet or dessert bar. No matter what happens =). So I kept checking out various blogs and soon enough I had in my mind an entire set-up of jars and dishes and trays of candies and cupcakes and macarons and chocolates and...oh, I can go on and on and on. As the popular saying goes, "there's no limit to your imagination". I just feel like they add that special touch to any party.

Glass jars from Michaels

 White cake stand and cupcake holder from Target.
I handmade that easter tree in the center.

  The fun part was finding the nice jars and cake stands and cupcake holders and buying those goodies that make the whole set up come alive! For me, they don't have to be fancy, just pretty. I got what I needed from Michaels, Target, Bed Bath & Beyond (for a $10 clear glass cake stand that did the job of one that can cost over $20!), and Pier 1 (for a layered cake stand that I used for the peeps pops and custard cups).

     Here are some pics of Ysabella's candy buffet which I named "Ysabella's Sweet Shop" spelled out by a pennant banner...enjoy!









    
     I just love how it all came out. I love the colors. And the best part, the kids loved it, too! I prepared easter goody bags for them to fill up with candies and chocolates and they had a blast doing that!

     'Til next post! =)



No comments:

Post a Comment