Saturday, June 1, 2013

Ysabella's 8th Birthday Party Preparations

     Okay...so here are the photos I promised to share. These are the stuff I made as part of Ysabella's 8th Birthday Celebration which was movie-inspired. Please see related post below for a peek at the party.

     Let's start off with the save the date cards, invites, and TY tags. Note that the invites were not matted yet when photos were taken. I matted them on black cardstock eventually. I created them digitally...and had so much fun!


TY tags



Save The Date cards

Invites (I haven't matted them here yet)


Quick and simple...and super inexpensive, too!



     Now on to the party banner. I tried not to go crazy because as I mentioned in my last post, the party room was small so there wasn't much to decorate. However, I still wanted the banner to emphasize the party theme so I made one that had the look of a filmstrip! See photos below...


Black poster board, white copy papers



I cut the letters out of my Cricut

Forget the traditional "Happy Birthday"...
I wanted it to be a little different : )

Laying the characters down

Embellished with movie-inspired party decors
from Party City



Another party decor I used to
emphasize the theme



Tadaaa!!!

    

      For the favors or goody boxes... since the party was movie-themed, it was only fitting that I used popcorn boxes! : ) I purchased them from a dollar store for 2 boxes/dollar. I originally thought of making them out of my Cricut but since it would be paper-based, then it won't last so long. The popcorn containers can be re-used over and over so I thought it was more appropriate, especially if the kiddos were to watch home movies.









     I hope you liked my party decor ideas! If you have any questions, just leave a comment.
     Like the tag said...thanks for popping by! : )


xoxo,
HANNAH






No comments:

Post a Comment